Application deadline: September 4, 2023.
Starting date: October 2023
L’arbre des Connaissances
L’Arbre des Connaissances (ADC) is an association of researchers, established in 2004, dedicated to raising awareness about the world of science among middle and high school students. To achieve this mission, ADC has developed and implemented several nationwide programs, including:
- The Apprentice Researcher project which provides middle and high school students with a unique opportunity to immerse themselves in the world of research.
- The Play & Debate project which promotes innovative exchanges between scientists and citizens, addressing societal expectations and questions.
- The MAAD (Mechanisms of Alcohol and Drug Addictions Digital) project which aims atmaking addiction neuroscience research and evolving knowledge accessible to counter misinformation.
‘Jouer à Débattre (JAD)’ Program
Designed for young people aged 13 and above, the Play & Debate materials are available for free on the website www.jeudebat.com. These educational resources engage young individuals in debating science-society subjects through role-playing games, encouraging them to question and take an interest in sciences as citizens.
Each Play & Debate resource revolves around a science-society question and includes:
- A role-playing game that delves into complex and multidisciplinary issues.
- A guide for facilitators, such as teachers or librarians, interested in organising sessions.
- Additional resources for further exploration.
The JAD project manager will work under the supervision of the JAD mission manager, collaborating with the association’s management and board, to promote the project at the national level and foster the expansion of the partner network.
The JAD project manager will be responsible for:
- Managing the website www.jeudebat.com (WordPress)
- Participating in the coordination of partner networks in the region (education, culture, prevention, and research professionals).
- Conducting training sessions (in-person and online) for professionals on the use of the materials (education, culture, research, and prevention stakeholders).
- Providing pedagogical resources for implementing programs.
- Organising national and regional events (Science Festivals, No Tobacco Month, Brain Week, etc.).
- Organising and leading sessions as part of the Pass Culture initiative in schools in the Île-de-France region.
- Developing new tools and implementing evaluation measures.
- Developing and supporting the project’s communication strategy.
- Participating in the drafting of funding requests and reports.
- Managing service providers (quotes, invoices, agreements, etc.)
- Attending association meetings (General Assembly, team meetings).
- Contributing to activity reports.
- Supervising interns on defined missions.
Contract/duration: Full-time permanent contract (CDI), 35 hours per week, or for fixed number of working days per year (213 days).
Salary: €2200 gross per month (excluding annual bonus).
Additional benefits (beyond legal requirements):
- Possibility of working form home (1 to 2 days per week)
- Telework allowance
- 6 weeks of paid leave.
Workplace address: Institut de Recherche Saint-Louis, Paris 75010.
Successful candidates are expected to possess:
- Higher education degree (Bac +3/Undergraduate to Bac +5/Masters).
- Pedagogical skills and experience in facilitating groups and diverse audiences.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Respect for timelines and organizational skills (anticipation, prioritization, initiative).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in digital tools: Office suite, Google Suite, Adobe, social media platforms, Brevo, Trello, WordPress.
- Interest in educational projects and cultural mediation.
- Experience in project coordination or management is appreciated.
- Knowledge of the education, culture, and/or research sectors is a plus.
How to apply?
To apply, a cover letter as well as a CV should be sent by email before September 4, 2023, to:
Interviews to be scheduled in September 2023.
For more information regarding the job offer : Link for ‘Jouer à Débattre’ Project Manager job advertisement
For more information about the ‘Jouer à Débattre’ project: http://www.jeudebat.com