The Institut Lyfe (formerly known as Institut Paul Bocuse) Research & Innovation Center is a non-profit research unit dedicated to investigating the various factors that underlie and influence human eating behaviors. The Center is part of the Institut Lyfe campus, which includes a Michelin-star gastronomic restaurant and a pool of renowned chefs, sommeliers, and headwaiters. We have a strong focus on societal and industrial contemporary challenges and play a major role in tackling the contemporary challenges of healthy and sustainable eating for all populations.
The Center has received a PIA3 grant from the French government and the Auvergne Rhone-Alpes regional council to develop innovative infrastructures and collaborative projects. We have researchers, both junior and experienced, active in nutrition, social science, cognitive science, and computational science. We are also involved in closed industry partnerships to address the challenges of food and food service enterprises of tomorrow.
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented Research Scientist in Cognitive Science to join the Food Cognition Group at the research center. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on innovative projects related to the cognitive and neural mechanisms underpinning mental representations of food and eating behavior, or on projects that involve the use of cutting-edge AI-related approaches, such as deep learning, computer vision, and natural language processing (depending on the selected candidate profile). Our team is highly interdisciplinary and includes researchers with expertise in developmental and cognitive
psychology, cognitive and computational neuroscience, science of olfaction and taste, as well as machine learning and data science.
The candidate will be responsible for :
- developing a long-term original research program,
- exploiting and developing a reliable international academic network,
- managing scientific research collaborations,
- publishing and presenting findings in top-ranked peer-reviewed journals/scientific conferences,
- submitting innovative grant proposals to national and international agencies and foundations,
- supervising PhD students and postdoctoral researchers,
- interacting with internal and external researchers from different academic disciplines,
- building up business partnering and working in a vast network of academic, non-profit, and private partners to leverage the knowledge and expertise of external partners.
We offer a stimulating environment in the vibrant city of Lyon, a full-time position, and the possibility of working from home with respect to job responsibilities. The salary is set according to work experience (37-47K€) and includes mandatory company health insurance and on-site kind meals. We also offer 50% reimbursement of public transport season tickets.
Application deadline: Sept. 29th, 2023.
Online/on-site interviews first week of November 2023.
Start: January 2024
We welcome candidates with a strong interest in cognitive science, neuroscience, psychology, or computational sciences to apply and bring their expertise to our team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects that push the boundaries of our understanding of the complex cognitive processes involved in food perception, knowledge, and behavior.
The candidate must have:
- A PhD degree in cognitive science, computational science, or related disciplines.
- At least 2 years of post-doctoral experience.
- A publication record of original manuscripts.
- Excellent scientific writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency in English.
- Knowledge of French is an asset but not mandatory.
How to apply?
Please send your application (1 single pdf) to email@example.com, including:
- A letter of application (including expected date of availability)
- A CV, including a list of publications and research outputs
- A description of your research program at the Institut Paul Bocuse Research Center (2 pages)
- Two reference letters
We welcome outstanding researchers who are enthusiastic about addressing the health- related needs of today and inspiring innovation for the future. We encourage candidates with a multidisciplinary background to apply and bring their expertise to our team. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application.