Profile : We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientist with the following competencies and experiences:
Essential experience and skills:
- You have a PhD in Neuroscience.
- You have strong experience with slice preparation from the brain of rodents (hippocampus, neocortex, brainstem). Experience with double recordings would be an advantage.
- You have strong experience with electrophysiological techniques (patch clamping, stimulation).
- You have experience with optogenetics and calcium imaging.
- You are enthusiastic, highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Proficient communication skills and ability to work in teams.
- Excellent English skills written and spoken.
Project : The specific aim of the current position is to investigate synaptic transmission within identified micronetworks in the brain, whose dysfunction might underlie cortical hyperexcitability and intellectual disability.
More info : https://jobportal.ku.dk/videnskabelige-stillinger/?show=150164
Application : Your online application must be submitted in English by clicking ‘Apply now’ online (https://jobportal.ku.dk/videnskabelige-stillinger/?show=150164) . Furthermore your application must include the following documents/attachments – all in PDF format: – Motivated letter of application (max. one page). – CV incl. education, work/research experience, language skills and other skills relevant for the position. – A certified/signed copy of a) PhD certificate and b) Master of Science certificate (if applicable), c) transcripts of records, including courses followed and marks obtained. If the PhD is not completed, a written statement from the supervisor will do. – List of publications. – Letters of recommendation and the name of at least two references
Application deadline: 4. October 2019, 23.59pm CET