The Control-Interoception & Attention (CIA) team of the Paris Brain Institute (ICM), Sorbonne University is looking to fill a 3-year PhD position for a project on the structural connectivity underlying economic decision-making in a health context. The project will be supervised by Dr. Hilke Plassmann (INSEAD & ICM) and Dr. Jean-Yyes Rotgé (ICM). The planned start date condition on a successful defense of the project at the Doctorial School “Brain, Behavior and Cognition” of Sorbonne University would be September 2020. The CIA team is an international and interdisciplinary research team studying amongst other related topics decision making and its cognitive control with clinical and real-world implications.
The Paris Brain Institute (ICM) is an international brain research center whose innovative concept and structure make it the only institute of its kind in the world. The ICM brings patients, doctors and researchers together with the aim of rapidly develop treatments for disorders of the nervous system and enable patients to benefit from them as quickly as possible. The ICM unites some the best scientists from all backgrounds and countries come together at the Institute to perform leading-edge research in this area.
INSEAD is leading business school following the US educational system. It is an international leader in business education and applied research in psychology, economics and data science.
We are looking for a candidate with the following profile:
– completed Master degree in Psychology, Neuroscience, Behavioral Science, Economics or Biology
– Willingness to work in a highly interdisciplinary environment
– High enthusiasm and motivation for doing research in the field of health economics
– Proven experience with collecting and analyzing DTI, fMRI and/or sMRI/VBM data
– Working experience with statistical analysis of data (Stata, R, and/or Matlab)
– Experience with computer programming (e.g., Python, Java, Psychtoolbox, E-Prime)
– Excellent communication and writing skills in the English language, French would be a plus
– Good analytical skills (mathematics/statistics)
– State of the art research facilities
– Interdisciplinary collaboration opportunities with scholars world-wide.
– Opportunities to work on projects with industry partners.
– High quality and international research environment.
– Curriculum vitae
– Names and contact information for two references
– Links to publications if available